Peanut Butter Apple Toffee Tartlets Recipe
A sweet treat for the whole family!Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 24 tarts
For the tarts:
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup Flavored PB Co. Toffee Apple
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil butter blend sticks softened (or you can use EVOO, coconut oil or regular butter)
1/2 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
For the filling:
2-3 autumn glory apples finely chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
For the drizzle:
1 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp maple sugar or brown sugar
splash of heavy cream
- Place oats in a food processor and grind to a flour texture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk ground oats, Apple Toffee Peanut powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend butter (or oil) and maple sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla, and water and blend until mixed.
- Stir in oat mixture and blend on low speed until a sticky dough is formed.
- Spray a 24 cup tart pan with cooking spray and drop the mixture in tablespoon-size scoops, dividing evenly into cups.
- Press down on each tart dough ball to slightly flatten with a tart tamper.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- While tarts are baking, place chopped apples in a microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover apples and microwave for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Stir apples and set aside until tarts are done.
- As soon as the tarts come out of the oven, press down on each with the tart tamper to make a well for the filling.
- Spoon apple filling in each of the tart shells.
- Prepare the drizzle by placing 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp maple sugar and splash of cream in a small microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on low setting, stirring every 10 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle over tarts and serve.
As always, if you have any Flavored PB Co. creations that you've whipped up in your kitchen, please share them with us by tagging us on social media or sending in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.